Why Buy Aussie?
Why bother? What's wrong with cheaper imports? And with letting
international corporations take over our homegrown industries? Isn't that the very stuff of
participation in a global economy?
The bottom line is, we're mates. Australian. And let's
consider what that means.
- When Aussie farmers hurt, Aussies REALLY care.
- As Aussies we're appalled at the global meltdown. If that's the stuff of greed, we
don't need it.
- As Aussies, we're easy going. But we're not stupid. We know about "Buy American"
& "Buy British". We notice the "Made in China" labels. We don't mind. But we plan
to Buy Aussie to support Australia.
- As a nation we're pretty good at inventing & making things. We
invented the aviation "black box". The world's first refrigerator. Pre-paid postage. Vegemite. The Hills
hoist. The Bionic ear. Where did all those things go? We still have that wonderful
invention from our First Australians - the boomerang!
- We like quality at a fair price. Well made, solid stuff. Like the people across our
The bottom line is that we plan to stand out - to BE Aussie for all that means to
us. We love our Kiwi Cousins & we love our US friends. We pretty much get on with
But when it comes right down to it, we're Mates. And Mates support each
other. Buy Aussie!